|Mark Braxton Rober
|11 March 1980
|Place of Birth
|Orange County, California, United States
|6′ 0” or 183cm
|Brigham Young University
University of Southern California
|Engineer, Inventor, YouTuber
|2011 – Present
Mark Rober is an American Engineer, Inventor, and YouTuber. Rober was an engineer with NASA for 9 years where he was working on the Curiosity Rover. He later worked for four years at Apple Inc. as a product designer. He is known for his YouTube videos on popular science and DIY gadgets.
- Mark was born on 11 March 1980 in Orange County, California, United States.
- He did his mechanical engineering degree from Brigham Young University and master’s degree from the University of Southern California.
- Rober married Lisa Rober and have one son.
- In 2004, Rober joined NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and worked for nine years, seven of which were spent working on the Curiosity rover, which is now on Mars.
- Mark designed various hardware on many JPL missions which including AMT, GRAIL, SMAP, and Mars Science Laboratory and he was one of the primary architects for “JPL Wired”.
- Later, as a product designer, he was worked for four years at Apple Inc.
- While he worked in NASA, he started making viral videos that include a variety of content like ideas for April Fool’s Day pranks, tricks for beating an escape room and filming primates in zoos non-invasively, testing the ability for sharks to smell blood in the water, fluidized sand and water purification.
- Rober recorded his first YouTube video in October 2011, shows a Halloween costume by using two iPads to create the illusion of seeing through his body and this video went viral, receiving 1.5 million in just a day.
- In December 2018, he uploaded a video in which he tricked parcel thieves and had 25 million views in just one day.
- Mark also has contributed articles to Men’s Health and also made his appearance various time on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
- Mark B. Rober also took part in the #TeamTrees, The goal of this project was to raise $20,000,000 for the Arbor Day Foundation by 2020, and in exchange, the Arbor Day Foundation would plant one tree for each dollar raisedHe also launched a 30-day Creative Engineers class on the online class platform in 2020.
Top 5 Videos of Mark Rober
|Skin a Watermelon Party Trick
|World’s Largest Jello Pool- Can you swim in Jello?
|Testing if Sharks Can Smell a Drop of Blood
|Liquid Sand Hot Tub- Fluidized air bed
|Glitter Bomb 1.0 vs Porch Pirates